The Top 10 Reasons to Invest in 1.74 High Index Lenses
1.74 high index lenses offer the ultimate combination of corrective strength and aesthetically pleasing design. From their ultra-thin construction to their customizability, 1.74 high index lenses offer an array of benefits to consumers. Below is a look at the top ten reasons to invest in 1.74 high index lenses and the 5 steps that you should take before finalizing your lens purchase.
Who Can Benefit From 1.74 High Index Lenses?
Virtually anyone can wear 1.74 high index lenses. Men, women, children, and senior citizens can all benefit from their features and benefits. However, they are a particularly good choice for people with specific ophthalmic needs and aesthetic desires. Some key categories of consumers who will derive particular enjoyment from 1.74 high index lenses are as follows:
- Individuals with a high prescription strength (+/- 2)
- Eyeglass wearers seeking to prevent their eyes from looking distorted
- Individuals in search of an ultra-thin lens
- People looking for lightweight glasses
10 Reasons to Invest in 1.74 High Index Lenses
1.74 high index lenses are viewed by many as the gold standard in the corrective lens world. Their design offers a level of sophistication and performance that would have seemed impossible to yesterday’s lens manufacturers. Below is a look at the top 10 reasons to invest in 1.74 high index lenses:
1) An ultimate level of thinness. 1.74 lenses are roughly 50% thinner than standard 1.50 lenses. They offer a welcome distinction from the thick, bulky lenses that were once the only option for people with a strong prescription.
2) 100% UV protection. Shielding the eyes from the sun’s harmful rays is a key benefit of 1.74 high index lenses. Many people do not consider the fact that the inherent UV protection of 1.74 high index lenses protects the skin around the eye area in addition to the eye itself. This protective feature aids in the prevention of wrinkles and sun damage around the eye area.
3) They are significantly flatter. 1.74 high index lenses possess flatter curvatures than traditional
plastic lenses. When combined with an aspheric design and a high-index resin, the result is lenses that are a great fit for today’s flat-styled frames.
4) Tinting is an option. Customizing your 1.74 high index lenses with a transition tint is a process
that can achieve multiple goals. Depending upon the tint color you select, you can increase contrast or promote color perception while simultaneously blocking UV light. Commonly requested tints include gray and brown.
5) 1.74 high index lenses are less prone to yellowing. Standard plastic lenses require th
e addition of a UV coating which may result in yellowing. In contrast, 1.74 lenses do not require an additional coating because they offer built-in UV protection. The result is a clearer lens and sharper images.
6) A lightweight design. The thin design of 1.74 high index lenses is a great fit for people who are sensitive to the relatively heavy feel of standard plastic lenses. This advantage makes this lens style especially popular among the elderly and children.
7) Compatibility with a wide variety of frame styles. Customizability is a key advantage of 1.74 high index lenses. People who enjoy choosing eyeglass frames that compliment their sense of style will appreciate the versatility of 1.74 high index lenses.
8) You can opt for a rimless eyeglass design. Rimless eyeglasses continue to increase in popularity. Unlike standard plastic lenses, which can be thick and bulky, 1.74 high index lenses are a great choice for people who prefer a rimless or semi-rimless design.
9) Elimination of distortion that is often present with strong prescriptions. The thin design of 1.74 high index lenses reduces the distortion that can sometimes occur with lenses that bear a high prescription strength.
10) Aesthetic appeal. 1.74 high index lenses are popular among consumers in search of attractive, understated lenses. Their aesthetic appeal stems from their thin, flat design and their high degree of customizability.
Do 1.74 High Index Lenses Have Any Drawbacks?
Clearly, there are many reasons to invest in 1.74 high index lenses. However, there are a few limitations that prospective buyers should consider prior to finalizing their purchase. They are as follows:
- 1.74 high index lenses are more fragile. In contrast to standard plastic lenses, 1.74 high index lenses are more prone to breakage. This is because they are constructed of high index glass or plastic as opposed to standard polycarbonate, limiting their ability to endure wear and tear.
- You will pay a higher price. Cost is one of the biggest detractors of 1.74 high index lenses. Buyers can expect to pay roughly two times more for 1.74 high index lenses than standard lenses. The additional expense is the result of a more detailed manufacturing process that involves extensive grinding and finishing. These increased manufacturing costs are reflected in a higher pricetag to consumers.
- They are more prone to glare. Like other high index lenses, 1.74 high index lenses reflect a higher percentage of light than polycarbonate lenses. Accordingly, purchasers should consider an anti-glare coating for their lenses.
- You may notice an increased level of color aberration. 1.74 high index lenses have a lower Abbe rating than traditional lenses. The result is a higher likelihood of color aberration.
5 Steps to Take Before Buying 1.74 High Index Lenses
Once you have decided that 1.74 high index lenses are the best fit for your ocular needs, it is time to take the steps to protect your investment. Below are five things to remember to do before you finalize your purchase:
1) Choose the lens frame that best meets your long-term needs. This is the most exciting part of the purchasing process for many people. Choosing 1.74 high index lenses allows you to choose from a variety of frame shapes and styles. Or, you can opt for a rimless eyeglass design if that is your preference.
2) Outline any special preferences, such as tinting or an anti-glare coating. Before you place your lens order, make sure to inquire about custom options. Anti-glare coating is the most common add-on due to the highly reflective properties of 1.74 high index lenses. Other commonly requested options include tinting and clip-on sunglass additions.
3) Invest in a proper storage case. Proper storage is an essential element of successful eyeglass lens maintenance. Resist the urge to sit your lenses on sinks, countertops, or dashboards where they may be prone to damage. In addition to investing in a high-quality storage case, you should always carry a soft, microfiber cloth to keep your lenses clean.
4) Make a commitment to properly care for your lenses. Failure to properly care for your lenses can result in damage, poor visibility, and the accumulation of debris on your lenses. Regular cleaning is the most important component of your lens care regimen. You can keep your lenses clean with a few drops of lotion-free dish detergent and lukewarm water. Be sure to use a clean cloth to thoroughly dry your lenses.
5) Visit an eye care professional regularly. Even the highest quality set of lenses in the world will not protect your eyes from glaucoma, cataracts or degenerative disease. You should always remember to visit an eye care professional at least once a year.
1.74 high index lenses offer an unprecedented combination of comfort, versatility, and visual acuity. While they carry a higher price tag and are more prone to breakage than standard plastic lenses, 1.74 high index lenses offer a host of benefits to people who wear them. From their ultra-thin design to their compatibility with a wide array of frame styles, 1.74 high index lenses are an outstanding choice for consumers who seeking strong corrective power and a robust aesthetic design.