High Index or Ultra Thin Lenses
Do you need the thinnest lenses possible?
High index lenses are the thinnest lenses on the market today. Depending on your prescription, high index lenses can reduce your lens thickness by up to 50%! So what can hi index, or ultra thin lenses, do for you?
High index lenses are more efficient at bending light. So, the higher your lens index, the less material is required to make your prescription. If you have standard index lenses, which might have an index around 1.50, and your lenses are 3mm thick, they may be only 1.5mm thick with 1.90 high index glass lenses.
High index lenses are also generally more scratch resistant than standard lenses. They also reduce the “bug eyes” and “tiny eyes” distortion that strong prescription wearers have to deal with, and they make your glasses look more attractive in profile.
Here’s everything you need to know about hi index or ultra thin lenses:
- Hi index, or ultra thin, lenses are the thinnest lenses you can get.
- If you have a strong prescription and dislike the thickness of your lenses, high index lenses are a great choice for reducing your lens thickness.
- Many high index lenses are more scratch resistant than standard index lenses, making them more resilient.
- High index lenses also reduce the “bug eyes” or “tiny eyes” distortion that comes with a strong prescription.
- High index lenses will make your glasses look more attractive because of the thinner profile that they provide.
If you have a strong prescription, hi index are the ultra thin lenses you’re looking for.
If you have any questions about high index lenses, what’s best for you, or what the different kinds of high index lenses are, take a look at our other posts or leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you and answer your questions. Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.