Are High Index Lenses Better Than Polycarbonate
Which is better High Index Lenses or Polycarbonate?
High Index Lenses are:
- Thinner and lighter than conventional plastic lenses
- Able to bend more light than conventional plastic lenses
- Can accommodate high prescriptions and have a thin appearance
- Scratch resistant
Polycarbonate Lenses are:
- Most impact resistant material
- UV resistant
- 50 times stronger than other lens material
I guess you can say it is a personal preference. If you have a high prescription then High Index Lenses are the right choice for you. If you do not have a high prescription then Polycarbonate is a good choice.